CMMGuys Forum

Go Back   CMMGuys Forum > Trading Zone > Wanted to Sell

Wanted to Sell Post your want ads here - no commercial business ads, no links to outside websites, serial numbers on any equipment must be listed...Posts in this forum may be moderated.
The default view period is 100 days. To see older ads, adjust the filter at the bottom of this forum. Please PM admin or mod if item is sold.

Ad postings in the Wanted to Sell forum are free and the intent is to keep it that way.
Because they are free, the forum collects no information other than IP and valid email address of the person posting an ad.

All For Sale ad posters must do two things:

1) They must join the Selling UserGroup
2) They must have all contact information filled out in their profile. This profile information is still confidential to the admin only but will offer some recourse for buyers if required.

Posting privileges will not be approved without these steps.

A reminder also, the forum owner and moderators are not responsible for items sold in this forum.

** Let the buyer beware **

Old August 18th, 2010, 10:41 AM
What's a CMM?
So that is what "reply to thread" means.

Screech may be undervalued
Default Webber Bar

I have a 30" Webber bar. Anyone got an idea what it's worth and if anyone would be interested?
Old August 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Option Paralysis Sufferer
Advancing my career with every post.

seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good seamus26 is double plus good
Default Re: Webber Bar

Oh ... I thought this was going to be about a bar in Webber. My mistake.

"Please scream inside your heart."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthIllini View Post
This can't be as difficult as I'm making it.
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM
IrRegular User
Yes, I do have something to say.

Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns Seth_M can guide greenhorns

I have no idea what a Webber bar is...
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
It's Alive!
What did I do before I found this place?

Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde Valisbourne has pledged to join the horde

I'm hoping Screech's last name isn't Weber...
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I Me Mine
Advancing my career with every post.

John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns John Kingston can guide greenhorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_M View Post
I have no idea what a Webber bar is...
Weber's Bar

Weber Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Weber bar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
A Weber bar is a device used in the detection of gravitational waves first devised and constructed by physicist Joseph Weber at the University of Maryland. The device consisted of multiple aluminium cylinders, 2 meters in length and 1 meter in diameter, antennae for detecting theoretical gravitational waves.[1]

Around 1968, Weber collected what he concluded to be "good evidence"[1] of the theorized phenomenon. However, his experiments were duplicated many times, always with a null result.

Such experiments conducted by Joseph Weber were very controversial, and his positive results with the apparatus, in particular his claim to have detected gravitational waves from SN1987A in 1987, were until recently widely considered discredited. Criticisms of the study have focused on Weber's data analysis and his incomplete definitions of what strength vibration would signify a passing gravitational wave. However, recent analysis has suggested that his claim may be in need of reassessment.[2][3]

Weber's first "Gravitational Wave Antenna" was on display in the Smithsonian Institution as part of "Einstein: a Centenary Exhibit" from March 1979 to March 1980.
But I think he means this.

Quote:
The Webber Bar is a step gage design with a known distance to each pad. It is the most common dynamic linear standard used today
Like a Koba bar.

https://give.velosano.org/JKingston__Beat_Cancer
Old August 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Metrology Product Manager

CMMpro put their left foot in. . .

They are made by Starrett Webber Gauge block division, not sure if they still even make them.

Thats a big Webber bar. New that would be like $8k by my estimate.

"Ok condition", used $500...used and calibrated recently, maybe $1500.

They really aren't the best artifact for cmm "linear calibration" anymore. At one time they were decent, but they have been bypassed now by better gauging so they are less commonly used by guys like me.

They also don't travel very well, so for a service tech they are troublesome.
The spine gets twisted and the blocks misaligned by bad handling and even if you drop the case a few inches too hard.

It would do well to be cleaned and calibrated and used internally as an interim checking gauge for your own cmm's. Kept in the case and transported minimally they are good gauges for this purpose.
Old August 19th, 2010, 06:56 AM
What's a CMM?
So that is what "reply to thread" means.

Screech may be undervalued

Thanks CMMPro. I knew they weren't used that much anymore. I can remember when they were the reference master of choice. Showing my age I guess. I have been at this company five months and found this bar shoved against a wall. In great condition though (in the case). They had two old Portage CMM's when I got here and I assume the bar came with those. I have since given those away. I will take delivery on a 25.10.15 Metris machine next month and I guess I could use it with that.
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:33 PM
lowest common denominator

hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde hurlingmerlin has pledged to join the horde

maybe use that nifty new Metris machine to map this and save it for comparison for interim checks on the cmm, or send it out and have it checked. We have a 40" one here that is in long term storage.